Everybody’s Free To Wear SUNSCREEN!!

On an ordinary Tuesday morning I got up probably on the wrong side of the bed. I was in fighting and arguing mode with most of the people I knew and loved. I didn't want to go to work, I didn't want to do anything. I was 30++ and I didn't know what I wanted to do.. NOW or with IN LIFE...
Of course there was work to be done around the house.. in the office.. with my life.. for the future.. but what to do, where to start, what is best

As I lay there playing 'Candy Crush' on my phone to distract myself.. with a psychological headache making me heavy and tired. Every time I paused for something the dark truth of directionless, loneliness, helplessness stared at me..

Are there days when you too feel
-      - NOONE LOVES YOU
-     -   NOONE CARES OR WANTS YOU
-     -   NOTHING IS OK IN YOUR LIFE
-      - YOU ARE NO GOOD TO DO ANYTHING
-     -   YOU HAVE WASTED YOUR LIFE
-     - YOU WILL END UP AS NOONE AND NOBODY
-     -  YOU HAVE NO PURPOSE IN LIFE
-     - YOU WILL NEVER EVEN FIGURE IT OUT
-      - WHAT DO YOU REALLY WANT
-      -  DO I REALLY WANT IT
-      - NAH, MAYBE, PROBABLY, NO, DEFINITELY NOT
-      - AAAARRRGGGGHHHH

Definitely a drama queen but only in my head. After wasting all my time brooding, it was time to go to work. My nails scratched on the floor literally as I crawled to my car to head to work. Still confused and hassled I wanted more distraction with music.. and this song played
It didn't give me any answers or a Eureka but it made me smile and I felt he was talking to me.. as if this song was written for me.. There are no HAPPY ENDINGS or DESTINATIONS in life, so enjoy the journey as you go.. and do wear the Sun Screen :-D
Everybody's Free To Wear SUNSCREEN!
written by Mary Schmich
sung by Baz Luhrmann
Watch and listen on Youtube.

Comments

Anupam Mathur said…
Likewise.....an obvious feeling when you feel down and out
Neha said…
And in these times you need friends to crib to and sing along... :》

Popular Posts